Dance to Save the World
There are a number of green nightclubs around the world that have taken the right steps towards sustainability. The list below contains clubs that have things from organic beers to waterless urinals to floors powered by the club-goers dance moves. Check them out!
- Club WATT in Rotterdam Netherlands – Here, dancers power the LEDs in the floor and in the surrounding area! There is a meter nearby to tell them just how much they are powering the club and a zero waste organic bar to keep up their energy
- Greenhouse in New York – The LED bulbs here consume 1/30th of the energy regular club lights use and the club’s floors and walls are constructed from bamboo.
- Temple in San Francisco – A couple of highlights at this place are that it “diverts 89% of waste on average from the landfill by recycling and composting, offers used kitchen grease for biofuels, used corn cups and straws…"
- Butterfly Social Club in Chicago – This modern and funky club includes a bicycle station where an employee peddles to help supply energy to the DJ as well speakers made of recycled wood.
- Surya in London – Newly opened, Surya has its own wind turbine and a solar energy system! The creator, Dr. Earth, follows his own “Club4Climate” guidelines and plans on opening more clubs with the same concept.
Click here to get more details about each club and be sure to check out each hot spot individually. There are some pretty sweet details you don’t want to miss!