How Do You Discard Your Electronics?
As we replace old electronics with new ones we might pass them along, recycle them or simply toss them. Unfortunately, the latter two might result in illegal exportation, poisoned waterways and toxic communities.
China's e-waste problem was recently in the news. To curb this polluting trend consumers should get educated how important it to reuse and recycle electronics. Below, the EPA gives some options that are safe for "end-of-life" electronics:
- Basic Information about reducing and recycling electronics
- Where You Live provides information about regional and State eCycling programs
- Where Can I Donate or Recycle My Old Computer and Other Electronics? lists organizations and retailers with donation and recycling programs
- Statistics on the Management of Used and End-of-Life Electronics
- Regulations/Standards for handling electronic equipment
- Frequent Questions and answers about electronic waste
- Resources publications and links that offer additional information on the management of electronics