(1) Install SOLAR panels on my house. I figured my electricity use, over 5 years, will pay for the solar system.
(2) Refuse to travel. Drive less by planning better. Stay in town and explore my own city for the holidays instead of traveling. Send the family photos by internet instead of driving across the country.
(3) Grow my own food. This year I'm building raised garden beds out of recycled materials and planting as much edible vegetation as possible. Less trips to the store, more green stuff around the house to make oxygen and absorb heat.
(4) Boycott frozen & packaged foods. Anything I do buy from the store will be fresh, from the bins, etc.
(5) Read more and do creative projects instead of watching TV.
(6) Throw out the coffee maker (I don't know if I can go through with this one).
More information about formatting options
FRIENDS OF LIVE EARTH
ABOUT LIVE EARTH
Run for Water
Live Earth India
Green Inaugural Ball
© 2010 Live Earth / All Rights Reserved
HOME / PRIVACY / TERMS / CONTACT US