Friends of Live Earth Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Live Earth?
Live Earth is a for-profit organization founded by Emmy-winning producer Kevin Wall, in partnership with former U.S. Vice President Al Gore. We seek to leverage the power of entertainment through integrated events, media, and the live experience to ignite a global movement aimed at solving the most critical environmental issues of our time.
What is Live Earth’s history?
It all started with a concert heard -- and seen -- "round the world!" On 07.07.07, Live Earth created unprecedented global awareness for the climate crisis, when it produced "Live Earth: the Concerts for a Climate in Crisis" -- the "Most Watched Online Entertainment Event Ever." The concerts were hosted on seven continents, broadcast in 132 countries, and inspired 2 billion people worldwide to engage with the issues and the solutions surrounding the global climate crisis. For more about Live Earth’s previous events, please visit: http://liveearth.org/en/liveearth
What is Friends of Live Earth?
We created the Friends of Live Earth program in response to inquiries from hundreds of cities and organizations around the world wanting to be part of the global movement to combat the climate crisis in 2007.
Friends of Live Earth gives local communities, NGOs, and individuals the opportunity to join in by hosting small or large, public or private events, with Live Earth content including video and graphic assets.
In 2007 and 2008, there were over 10,000 events in 132 countries. This year, Friends of Live Earth is returning, bigger and better. Upon sign-up, you will receive a toolkit, updated and enhanced. Our hope is that you will host a green event or race in your community or at your home with friends and family.
How can I Host a Live Earth/ Friends of Live Earth Event?
Registering an event with Friends of Live Earth is a great way to involve your friends, family, school, or community in global, environmental action. To register please visit: http://liveearth.org/friends.
After registering your event, you'll receive access to a package of background materials, event guidelines, and suggestions for how to host a green event, as well as Live Earth climate crisis solutions and conservation tips. You'll also be invited to join the Friends of Live Earth social network (www.friendsofliveearth.org) where you'll get regular updates and have access to additional materials (including films and logos) for use at your event.
If you are not able to participate in a Live Earth or Friends of Live Earth event, another way to participate is by donating to one of our charity partners. Please visit http://liveearth.org/give for more information and to donate to our charity partner in your area.
How do I register my Friends of Live Earth event?
Having trouble or need help registering for Friends of Live Earth? Please find a step-by-step explanation of the sign-up process below:
- To begin please visit http://liveearth.org/en/liveearthblog/friends-of-live-earth-terms At the bottom of the page, please click “Agree to terms and register my event”
- Complete the required fields of the event form, review and tick the box to accept the “Terms and Conditions” (You must accept in order to go to registration page), and click “Submit Form.”
- You will now begin the Event Registration process:
- a. Screen 1 – Choose the country and Zip/ Postal code in which your event will take place and click “Continue.”
- b. Screen 2 – if this is your first time registering an event, create a new account by filling in the fields in the 2nd box and clicking “Signup.” Please take note of your password as you’ll need it to login to manage your event. After 5 seconds you will be sent to a page where you’ll complete the details about your event.
- c. Screen 3 – Event information. This information will appear on the event page once your event is approved so be very careful and complete in filling out these fields. After completing the required fields, click “Create Event” We recommend that you have your event on April 18, 2010 to coincide with the 24 hours of global Live Earth events.
- d. You will see a confirmation of your event details on the screen. You will soon receive an e-mail inviting you to FriendsofLiveEarth.org
- e. Once we approve your event you will receive an e-mail from us with further instructions, and your event will be visible at liveearth.org/run
How do I log in/ manage my event?
- To start please visit the Live Earth site at http://liveearth.org/friends and click on "login" or just click here
- The top box is the sign in box. Sign in using the same e-mail and password you used to register as an event host.
- On these pages you can manage your event and update the event details, invite people to register for your event, and check and manage e-mail notifications of RSVPs
Why would I join the Friends of Live Earth social network?
At FriendsofLiveEarth.org you will be joined with other people around the world that are helping to make a difference by hosting an event. You’ll gain access to our toolkit of information and tips to help make your event all that it can be. You can share pictures and video from your event and others, and share event ideas and questions and answers with the Friends of Live Earth global community in the Friends Forum.
How do I join the Friends of Live Earth social network?
- From the Friends of Live Earth home page - Click “Resources/Social Network” or just click this link to go to the Friends of Live Earth Social Network homepage - http://www.friendsofliveearth.org/
- Click "Sign Up" on the top right
- Fill out the information and click "Sign Up"
- Now you’re a member and have access to all the tools you need to make your event a success!
What if I’ve lost my event management password?
Please visit http://www.joinliveearth.org/page/user/forgot, enter the email address you registered with, and a new password will be sent to you.
What if I lost my FriendsofLiveEarth social network password?
If you forget your FriendsofLiveEarth.org password, visit http://friendsofliveearth.org/main/authorization/requestPasswordReset to reset your password.
How can your event benefit from Live Earth’s publicity?
All registered Friends of Live Earth Events appear in our global event listings, allowing people in your area to find out about them. Anyone who goes online to find out more about our global event will be able to find yours!
By registering your event, you have informed us of your general event details. We’ll select the best and most interesting “Friends of Live Earth” events to highlight in our blog, emails, and press outreach.
What else is Live Earth doing?
Live Earth conducts ongoing initiatives online and in partnership with environmental organizations to help solve the most pressing environmental issues of our time, such as the climate crisis and the water crisis.
In 2010, Live Earth is orchestrating another groundbreaking event on April 18th, 2010 all over the world. Live Earth and Dow have partnered to create the largest solutions based global initiative in history aimed at solving the water crisis. There will be a series of 6km races, over the course of 24 hours, hosted in more than 100 countries featuring water villages and concert events. For more information on the Dow Live Earth Run for Water, please visit: http://liveearth.org/en/therunforwater
How can I donate?
If you are not able to participate in a Live Earth or Friends of Live Earth event, another way to participate is by donating to one of our charity partners, helping people gain access to clean safe water.. Please visit http://liveearth.org/give for more information and to donate to our charity partner in your area.
How do I subscribe for emails? At the top of the home page [www.liveearth.org] there is a “join us” link. Once you join, you’ll receive an email every few weeks with information on events, environmental issues and links to learn more. Or just visit http://joinliveearth.org/page/s/joinus