Live Earth Fundraise for Water Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS GIVEAWAY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
- 1. The Live Earth Fundraise for Water Giveaway ("Giveaway") begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on March 1, 2010 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on April 8, 2010 ("Giveaway Period"). To enter, go to http://liveearth.org/contest, follow all instructions there, and complete one of the three qualifying activities (donating to GWC via https://donate.globalwaterchallenge.org/page/contribute/liveearth1 OR via an Akvo.org widget OR setting up a fundraising page at http://liveearth.org/fundraise during the Giveaway Period. All required information requested during the qualifying activities must be provided. There is a limit of one entry per person. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (PT) on April 8, 2010. All entries submitted will become the sole property of Live Earth, LLC ("Sponsor") and will not be acknowledged or returned. Once submitted, an entry cannot be deleted, modified or canceled by the entrant. If you choose to donate anonymously, you will not be entered in the contest.
- 2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Giveaway, you must be a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and be at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The Giveaway is void where restricted or prohibited by law. Any web site pages, advertisements and promotional spots relating to the Giveaway are intended for viewing only within the United States. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor and its respective parent, affiliated and subsidiary companies, promotional partners, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, "Giveaway Entities"), and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings and spouses, regardless of where they live), and members of their households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate in this Giveaway. Eligibility will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- 3. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: The Sponsor will conduct a random drawing on or about April 12, 2010 to select the potential winner of the Giveaway. Odds of winning a Prize (as defined below) depend on the total number of eligible entries received prior to the end of the Giveaway Period. Potential Prize winners will be notified by telephone, email and/or mail (at Sponsor’s discretion). If a potential Prize winner cannot be notified within five (5) days from the first notification attempt, then such person may (at Sponsor’s sole discretion) be disqualified. Additionally, if a potential Prize winner or verified winner (a) rejects or forfeits a Prize, (b) is found to be ineligible, or (c) does not fully comply with these Official Rules, then the potential winner or verified winner, as applicable, will be disqualified. Potential winners may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release ("Affidavit/Release"). If a potential winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, then the parent or legal guardian of such person must sign and return any documents referred to herein. If Sponsor does not receive any such required Affidavit/Release prior to the deadline established by the Sponsor, then such failure to return the signed Affidavit/Release may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s discretion. In the event a potential winner or verified winner is disqualified for any reason under the provisions of these Official Rules, then a random drawing will be conducted in order to select an alternate potential winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
- 4. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: R/T airfare, 2 nights hotel, admission to Dow Live Earth Run for Water event, ground transportation for 2 in NY or LA (whichever city winner is closest to). . (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") $4500.00). The total ARV of the Prize is $4,500.00. All costs and expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Prize winner. The Prize being offered is being provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee by Sponsor, either express or implied.
- 5. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS/RESTRICTIONS: No transfer, substitution, upgrade, credit, refund or cash equivalent for the Prize is allowed except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. All federal, state and other tax liabilities (including, without limitation, income taxes) arising from the Prize awarded in this Giveaway will be the sole responsibility of each winner. The Prize will only be awarded to verified winners.
- 6. GIVEAWAY CONDITIONS: Except where prohibited by law, each winner’s entry and acceptance of the Prize constitutes such winner’s permission for Sponsor, the Giveaway Entities and those acting under their authority to use the winner’s provided name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, and address (city and state only) on a worldwide basis, in all forms of media, in perpetuity, in connection with the administration of the Giveaway and for advertising, promotional and advocacy purposes, without review or further compensation. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating in this Giveaway, each entrant agrees: (i) to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules, any other documents required by Sponsor and the decisions of Sponsor on all matters relating to the Giveaway; (ii) to waive any right to claim any ambiguity pertaining to the Giveaway, these Official Rules and/or any other documents required by Sponsor; (iii) to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sponsor and the Giveaway Entities, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, assignees, promotional partners, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, agents, employees and representatives of the aforementioned entities (the "Released Parties") from any and all liabilities, claims, losses, damages, demands, causes of action, penalties and expenses arising out of or related to: (a) any statement, action or failure to act by such entrant during or in connection with such entrant’s participation in the Giveaway, and/or (b) any breach or alleged breach by such entrant of these Official Rules or of any other documents required by Sponsor, and (iv) not to sue and irrevocably and unconditionally release, waive and forever discharge the Released Parties from any and all liabilities, claims and demands of any kind or nature whatsoever, in law or equity, whether known or unknown, which such entrant (or entrant’s successors-in-interest, heirs and/or agents) ever had, now has, or in the future may have against the Released Parties, including, but not limited to, claims arising out of or related to any injuries, theft, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind, or any other harm suffered in connection with or relating to such entrant’s participation in the Giveaway resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (a) acceptance, receipt, possession, misuse or use of any Prize, (b) participation in the Giveaway or any Giveaway-related activity, (c) any fundraising page established or donation made in connection with this Giveaway, (d) any malfunction of the entry website, (e) any error in the collection or retention of entry information, and/or (f) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any Prize. Each entrant agrees to assume all liability for any injuries and damages caused by, or claimed to be caused by, such entrant’s participation in this Giveaway (including, without limitation, entrant’s acceptance, receipt, possession, misuse or use of any Prize).
- 7. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: 1.The Sponsor and the Giveaway Entities are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable or incomplete entries due to system errors, human errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system or human errors and failures, or faulty transmissions, or for any problems or technical malfunction(s) of any telephone networks or lines, computer online systems, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, computer equipment, or entries not received on account of technical problems, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunications, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate. Sponsor and the Giveaway Entities are also not responsible for any malfunction of the entry website or any errors in the collection and/or retention of entry information. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Giveaway or winning a Prize if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor determines that such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices (including, but not limited to, the use of automated quick entry programs, systems or agents) or by acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor and the Giveaway Entities are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of information caused by any of the equipment or programming utilized in connection with the Giveaway or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries for the Giveaway. Sponsor and the Giveaway Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries and are not responsible for errors in printing or presentation of the Giveaway. Entries received from persons residing in geographic areas in which entry is not permissible will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway prior to its stated expiration date for any reason (including, without limitation, if the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment or proper conduct of the Giveaway). If such action occurs, notice will be posted on the entry website, and any eligible entries received prior to the termination or cancellation will be included in a random drawing to select the winners. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that Sponsor determines, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, has threatened the operation of the Giveaway and/or violated these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO CHANGE, ADD TO, DELETE FROM, MODIFY OR AMEND THESE OFFICIAL RULES AT ANY TIME. TO VIEW THE MOST UP-TO-DATE VERSION OF THE OFFICIAL RULES, PLEASE VISIT THE ENTRY WEBSITE. Any dispute or claim arising out of the play of this Giveaway will be resolved in the U.S, and shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without respect to its conflicts of laws provisions. Any such claim shall be brought and maintained in the federal or state courts of the State of California. If any provision of these Official Rules is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such determination shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
- 9. RULES / WINNERS LIST: To receive a list of winners or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 2010 Live Earth Fundraise for Water Giveaway, 8750 Wilshire Blvd., #250, Beverly Hills, CA 90211. Please specify “Rules” or “Winners List”. Residents of VT may omit return postage. All requests must be received by July 1, 2010. The Official Rules may also be viewed by visiting http://liveearth.org/rules during the Giveaway Period.
- 10. SPONSOR: Live Earth, LLC, 8750 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 250, Beverly Hills, CA 90211.