Introducing the Greenversation iPhone App
As part of my participation in the AppMakr launch, I was given the opportunity to create my own iPhone application! The resulting application is the Greenversation app, which gathers the latest posts from my favorite environmental information resources. You can download the Greenversation app from the iTunes store now.
I originally compiled the list for a Live Earth/Blog Action day post last fall. The ten resources listed in the post are:
1) My primary volunteer organization, Live Earth's site.
2)EcoFriend, a very cool green tech blog.
3)350, bringing awareness to the #350, which represents the number of parts per million, the level scientists have identified as the safe upper limit for CO2 in our atmosphere.
4) Joe Romm's Climate Progress blog.
5) Triple Pundit gives eco-intel and encourages social entreneurship.
9) Grist offers more, from sustainable food to politics.
10) Didn't get enough geekery with EcoFriend? Check out the green technologies featured on ecogeek.
As I mentioned in my original AppMakr post, by no means does this replace a full-on application developed with a specific organizational purpose. But it is an extremely cost effective way to make sure your brand's content is easily accessible to iPhone users without redeveloping everything for the platform.