Reply to comment
Coachella and Global Inheritance implemented some of their best green programs:
- 10-for-1 bottle exchange (bring in 10 empty water bottles and get one full water bottle free). This helped to keep the polo fields clean, recycle and get people some free water!
- Free filtered water bottle filling stations (if you purchased one of the special plastic Coachella water bottles). This really cut down on the amount of bottled water being sold at the event.
- Totally cool art show called TRASHed: the art of recycling. Tons of cool, arty ways to reuse your stuff for the sake of artistic beauty
- Carpoolchella - a ridesharing program done through Pickuppal.com. As of today, the potential emissions savings for Coachella was: 1,625,662 lbs of CO2
- Recycled paper plane competition. The best, most creative, highflying plane (made from recycled paper of course) won some backstage time with M.I.A.
- Concession stand utensils were made of bio-degradable bamboo
We look forward to the festivities of Coachella 2010 next year, and the event organizers up the ante with even more creative ways to go green and increase participation.